If God has put it on your heart to go on a short-term mission trip, you can be certain He will provide the way to go. Ask God to meet your financial needs to get out on the mission field, put fundraising strategies into practice and get prepared to live a life of mission! Every year we see thousands of students and groups go to the mission field with us. Each one comes sharing their own unique testimony of how God miraculously met their financial need to get on the mission field. We want to share a few testimonies of how God provided for some of our summer missionaries.
“I just wanted to encourage you to fully trust God to bring you to the country He is calling you to. I started my trip needing $2,100 and the Lord provided it all! The lives on the other end of the trip are much more important to Him than a few dollars. God did amazing things on my trip!” – Erin W.
“I raised $3,800 for my mission trip selling candy.” – Audrey R.
“My son and I sent out support letters early and the money just POURED in… we needed roughly $800 and we received over $1,400 (extra obviously went to our youth group)!…” – Trista W.
“I felt called to go to Peru. I decided to write an article and put it in the newspaper. One man that I had never met sent me a check for $1,500.” – Mary D.
“We had a garage sale and raised over $2,000 in 1 day. God is amazing!” – Jeff B.
“I am always drinking Snapple and I took all the jars and decorated them with a note that read “Change for Thailand.” I put them in classrooms, restaurants, and asked people to put them beside their beds and kitchens. I raised over $600 in 1 month with spare change.” – Courtney F.
Please Inform Your Sponsors of the Following Information:1. To receive a tax deduction, sponsors must make their checks payable to Teen Mania Ministries. Teen Mania Ministries has been recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a tax-exempt organization described in Internal Revenue Code Section 501 (C) (3) and is eligible to receive tax deductible donations. All contributions to Teen Mania Ministries are solicited with the understanding that Teen Mania has complete discretion and control over the use of donated funds.
2. Contributions are NOT refundable, nor can the donor or missionary request the contribution be designated for another missionary. All funds donated by sponsors become the exclusive and permanent property of Teen Mania Ministries when received and are at all times under the complete discretion and control of Teen Mania Ministries. Donated funds will be used in the furtherance of Teen Mania’s tax-exempt purposes of missions work and evangelism.
3. Sponsors are NOT to place your name anywhere on the check.
4. When sponsors send in a check, the check should be accompanied by either, (a) a donation coupon that has the missionary’s ID number, or (b) a note with the missionary’s ID number stating that the gift to Teen Mania was made as a result of a request by (name of missionary). If the check happens to be made out for you, please be sure to endorse the check before sending it to Global Expeditions.
5. Teen Mania Ministries’ Cancellation policy. If a missionary cancels before the International Ticketing Deadline, no charges will be made to the missionary account, and those funds will hold in that missionary’s account for up to 1 year to send that same missionary or an immediate family member on another Global Expeditions trip.
• If the missionary cancels his or her plans to go on a mission trip after the Ticketing Deadline, the cost of deposits flights and administrative
expenses. will still be charged to their donation record.
• If a domestic flight was purchased via Skypass Travel, that cost will also be deducted.
• If a project is re-routed at the discretion of Global Expeditions, the cancellation policy does continue to apply.
• If a cancellation is made within 15 days of the trip’s start date, the full cost of the project will be charged to that missionary’donation record, along with all relevant travel fees. The funds in the donation record will be deducted for that season.